First double closed end!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jim Burr

Jim Burr

Banned
So first...big props to (shhhhh). We traded many PM's and this is what happened. I have several boo boo's and oops's...but this is what I ended up with. Some kind of purple plastic from CSUSA and a Jr Gent II. Finished to 12k mm and hutts. I am really proud of this one and won't have the same result for at least 20-30 to come...but this one...I like it:biggrin: Thank you sir...you know who you are!:eek:

Attachments

• the one.jpg
    the one.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 309
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MartinPens

Nice work Jim! All those boo boos and oops add up to experience. Looks like you are on your way. Would love to see another photo with it together. Look forward to the next one.

Jim Burr

Banned
Great job! I have yet to successfully make a closed end, but I've screwed a few up :biggrin:

I can say that too!

Great coloring in that blank too!
What was the 'kit' you started with there?

Scott (wet toes) B

Thanks folks:biggrin:!!
It began life as a Ti Jr Gent from CUSUA. Looks like I'll have a few spare parts hanging around the shop!
There are so many details to watch out for! I have some new toys on the way and while a MT2 Jacobs chuck seems to work well...I did catch the thread on collet chucks. Ended up with 2 days off in a row...plenty of time to screw up more blanks! :eek:

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
So first...big props to (shhhhh). We traded many PM's and this is what happened. I have several boo boo's and oops's...but this is what I ended up with. Some kind of purple plastic from CSUSA and a Jr Gent II. Finished to 12k mm and hutts. I am really proud of this one and won't have the same result for at least 20-30 to come...but this one...I like it:biggrin: Thank you sir...you know who you are!:eek:
Hi; Meant to mention it in the pm. Some day I'll do one of those. You've got that over me!:biggrin:

Top Bottom