First desk pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cwalker935

Cwalker935

An acquaintance lost a pen from his desk set and asked that I made a simple replacement. Not sure how you lose a pen from a desk set. Nothing fancy, simple modified slimline from a black cherry limb that was hanging over my driveway. As it was my first desk pen, I may have made it an inch or so too long (roughly 8"). Hopefully that will make it harder to lose.

image.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Codger

Nice turning on your pen!!! I've been thinking about making a desk set for my wife's uncle and after viewing your pen, I've definitely going to put it on my 'Christmas List' for him! VERY nice and I'm sure friend will love your new pen!!! Any comments or suggestions on turning or using a 'internet' pen to complete as nice a set as you did? Thanks and Safe Turning to you!

Cwalker935

Nice turning on your pen!!! I've been thinking about making a desk set for my wife's uncle and after viewing your pen, I've definitely going to put it on my 'Christmas List' for him! VERY nice and I'm sure friend will love your new pen!!! Any comments or suggestions on turning or using a 'internet' pen to complete as nice a set as you did? Thanks and Safe Turning to you!

I am not sure what an internet pen is. I modified a slimline kit. The pen bottom is simply a slimline. The top was made using a closed end mandrel that I made from an old pen mandrel. I will probably make some desk sets for Christmas and am shopping around for some good slimline funnels.

OZturner

Love your Desk pen, Cody.
No I don't think you have made it too long, it will be harder to put in a pocket, so perhaps it will stay where it belongs.
Your treatment of the closed body was Excellent.
Great Fit and Finish.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Top Bottom