First custom pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Luff

Luff

Hi

First of all english is not my first language so I apologize for grammar mistake or bad use of words. I'll try to talk of this project that I'm really proud in my best english.

But it will be long and boring, so you can skip right now to the pic at end of the post.

I think that the greatest craft are crafted to fit a specific theme or idea. The customer see the result in a certain way. He try to get us understand exactly the picture he have in mind. It's like he put a seed in our head. But in the end, it's the crafter imagination, skill and his own taste who decides the final result. You could ask 100 pen turner the same pen using the sames words and you could end up with 100 differents works of art.

Seriously? You're still here? Even me I would have given up.

I've been blessed that my aunt is Danielle goyette. A little backgroud, she played 16 years for Team Canada. She went 3 time to Olympic and been flag carrier for 1. She have a total of 2 gold(salt lake city,turino) and 1 silver medals(nagano) and coached 1(sotchi). Been 8 time out of 9 world champion. This year she have been the fifth woman to be inducted in the hockey hall of fame.

Wow! Still there? Keep going then only one paragraph to go! You're a the best!

We had a little event in our hometown and I've been ask to make a pen for her. I accepted gladly. I had some direction as they wanted a classy pen using the white and red color for canadian color of course. So I jumped right away in epoxy/dye/ pigment mixing. I secretly decided to add the 2 gold and 1 silver strip to represent her olympic medal. I was waiting an order to achieve the pen on deadlines. It was supose to arrive thursday. But I had to go pick it up friday at 2pm at the transit center 45 minutes from home cause it would have arrive monday.Glue up the tube friday night. I finished the pen saturday at noon and left for the event at 3pm.

Finally, I had to go give her on stage wich is really not my thing haha but it went well everybody was amazed and I had alot of really good comments wich I worth alot. So if you kept reading till here, that means alot to me. Thanks you! I shared you a little happiness of my crafter life today.

b8cbaf1acbcdccdee43c443cd2b7cc4c.jpg
cd08318e37cd7e89a2d8f2c833b6bcb2.jpg
77bb42ad6f9d43a4d23d954a8f2440f7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

deeceedub

That pen is fabulous, and the story behind it is great. I know your aunt will cherish it for a lifetime!

Your English is excellent. We hosted an exchange student from Taiwan with whom we still keep in contact, and reading your post reminded me of reading a letter from him...which made me smile. Keep up the good work!

DavidD

Very nice!

In my opinion - and many other here will disagree - the story is the MOST important part of any writing instrument. You've crafted a beautiful story and a beautiful pen. Well done.

magpens

Hey ... I read it all the way through !! . Love the story !!!

The pen is great too and soooooooooo special for your aunt !!

Keep on doing your stuff and showing your pens, please !

Luff

Thanks everybody it is heart warming to read you!

And magpens happy to see a fellow canadian pen turner!

Luff

Thanks you all

And I just realized I didn't mentioned that is my 4th pen.

Luff

I'll ask a weird question.

Forget all the story and all the meaning of the pen. Imagine it's a straight normal but still beautiful pen.

How much do you think a pen like this worth?

I have difficulty to value my work...

Top Bottom