First Crack at an Acrylic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bree

Bree

Well... I decided to take a stab at an acrylic pen. So here is my first acrylic cigar. They are pretty easy to turn after you get the hang of it.

I found it better to peel than plane with my skew to reduce the build up of spooge or whatever you call this acrylic waste that tends to congregate at the end of the blank encircling the mandrel shaft. One nice long thread getting sucked back into the dust collector is a lot better then trying to free those continuous threads wrapped around the mandrel. LOL!

Sorry for the glare in the photos.

scimg4599.jpg

scimg4600.jpg

scimg4601.jpg

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rollerbob

I found it better to peel than plane with my skew to reduce the build up of spooge or whatever you call this acrylic waste that tends to congregate at the end of the blank encircling the mandrel shaft.

Ok Bree, what the heck is spooge?:confused: Nice looking first, BTW!

Bree

I found it better to peel than plane with my skew to reduce the build up of spooge or whatever you call this acrylic waste that tends to congregate at the end of the blank encircling the mandrel shaft.

Ok Bree, what the heck is spooge?:confused: Nice looking first, BTW!

Well that is the $64,000 Question!! Just what exactly is SPOOGE??? Some sicko people think it is like various types of bodily stuff. Others think it is like garbage stuff or trash. I like to think that it is junk that flies off a lathe... turning excreta. Of course, I could be totally wrong!
:eek::eek::eek:

TomW

Good looking pen! That string of SPOOGE really causes excitement when the lathe picks it up, and it is firmly wrapped around the lamp cord. Lamp orbiting the lathe at 3000 rpms is really exciting...DAMHIK....

Tom

Bree

Good looking pen! That string of SPOOGE really causes excitement when the lathe picks it up, and it is firmly wrapped around the lamp cord. Lamp orbiting the lathe at 3000 rpms is really exciting...DAMHIK....

Tom

There ya go! Now that's the kind of SPOOGE I'm talkin about!
:glasses-nerdy::glasses-nerdy::glasses-nerdy:

Top Bottom