First Corn cob, First Baron Sterling

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Darrin

Darrin

My first corn cob pen! I used a Black Chrome kit as I thought the contrast worked well.The other one is my first Sterling Silver Baron. Its done in Buckeye Burl. I'm kinda iffy on this one but it's growing on me and my wife loves it. She asked me how much I'm going to sell it for and I told her I have no idea of what it would go for...comments always welcome!

Attachments

• CornCobCarbara1.jpg
    CornCobCarbara1.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 245
  • SterlingBaron1IAP.jpg
    SterlingBaron1IAP.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 211
  • SterlingBaron2IAP.jpg
    SterlingBaron2IAP.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 184
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

Both look great.

The corncob is nice and consistent. It's got a little body but the pattern keeps pretty consistent which I think helps it's looks. Tiny bit of tearout at the nib, but it's haaaard to mill these things and it not tear. They would be a perfect use for the sanding disk mill idea.

The BEB is really nice as well. I'm guessing a CA/BLO finish? Looks like you hit all the bushings, fit looks great. I'd guess a pricetag of around $50 would be normal, but I'm not a salesman... yet.

broitblat

I think both are well executed and attractive pens. You must have had a good sized cob to keep that much "corn" for the carbera, and what's not to like in the buckeye - very nice figure and color variation.

-Barry

bitshird

Nice cob, too bad about that smidgen of tear out, I like the Idea of sanding them better. I'd look for somewhere in the 75.00 to 85.00 range for the Baron, More if you're in a better market area considering the cost of the kit and the wood, and don't forget to add for the box as well. They are both very nice pens.

Ligget

I like cobs to be yellow, more natural looking like you have done, I have dyed them and paid extra to buy them already dyed but the yell does look by far the best!

Excellent work on the Baron, the marriage of blank and plating is perfect!

Top Bottom