First Cork

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rudya7

rudya7

I've been holding off on trying cork as the wine corks I have seem to be too short to make a decent blank for the kits I typically use. Lately I have been using this kit instead of a traditional slimline, that uses slimline components, only with really short, fat blanks that allowed me to use available corks. I thought that drilling and gluing the tubes would be much more of a problem, but maybe a little extra caution from the start was the key. I used Renwax as a finish on this one rather than CA and Lacquer as I didn't really think much about finishing till I had something to finish. The soft feel is nice, but I'm pretty sure this wont hold up well over time without something more substantial as a finish. I might try some of the flexible clear CA on the next one.

Attachments

• cork pen.jpg
    cork pen.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 234
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rudya7

This one is call the Patricia at penkitsmall.com. PSI has a higher end version with a crystal on the clip called the Patrizio.

Girlfriend

I've been holding off on trying cork as the wine corks I have seem to be too short to make a decent blank for the kits I typically use. Lately I have been using this kit instead of a traditional slimline, that uses slimline components, only with really short, fat blanks that allowed me to use available corks. I thought that drilling and gluing the tubes would be much more of a problem, but maybe a little extra caution from the start was the key. I used Renwax as a finish on this one rather than CA and Lacquer as I didn't really think much about finishing till I had something to finish. The soft feel is nice, but I'm pretty sure this wont hold up well over time without something more substantial as a finish. I might try some of the flexible clear CA on the next one.

That pen always reminds me of and old girl friend I had when I was a youngster She wore her corset to tight.

Herb G

I have a big bag of wine corks if anyone wants some. They are all out of a real bottle of wine. All I ask is that you pay for postage.

And no, I didn't drink the wine.
I got them from a friend who runs a wine store & has free tastings all the time.

Top Bottom