First Commissioned Pencil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from tipusnr

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipusnr

Actual first any kind of pencil. I don't use mechanical pencils so generally don't make them.

20041216142538_Beady%20Baby%202.jpg

There's another view of this in the "scanned" section of my photo gallery, if your interested.

The pencil is off a slimline kit made to go with the pen I sold her. She actually wanted two pencils but making these assymetrical blanks is tough and turning beads with two woods so different in hardness is no joy either.

The other one is finished but wasn't a clean and didn't want to shine so I tried using the Bealle buffing system on it and shot it across the shop. Of course it hit on the PINE.

Not much to say about this one except it shines and it works but thought I'd put it up anyway.

P.S. The pen IS straight is a visual trick of the lines that make it appear bent - even in person![:I]

dougle40

Nice job Bill . When I'm turning beads , I use a small skew . I first mark off the positions for the ends of the beads , then use the point of the skew to cut them in to the depth that I want then use the same tool to round each of them out , using it like a scraper .

PenWorks

Nice turn job, Tip, you should make that in a carpenter's pencil from CS, It is the only pencil kit I make, because it has the unbreakable lead. Don't you just love flying pen barrels, not sure what they are going to look like when you find them! Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom