First Commission

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BeSquare

BeSquare

Not only was this my first commission but it was also my first fountain pen. It's a natural stabilized buckeye burl with rosewood segments at the top and bottom of each piece. I love how this blank polished up, I did 3 coats of thin CA and 2 coats of medium and then wet sanded it and it turned out great. I hope my customer is happy with it as I am.

Thanks for your time and comments!

Attachments

• IMG_0070.jpg
    IMG_0070.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 288
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Great choice of using the natural Buckeye...it just wouldn't have looked 'right' with the segmenting any other way! Congrats on the sale and the fountain!!

Scott (now ya can buy more stuff) B

BeSquare

So I just delivered it, he liked it so much he tipped me a bit extra, gotta love that!

Thanks for the kind words all, also wanted to mention tried a couple other things on this kit for the first time. First a digital caliper, my God don't know how I sized things up without this before, made life so much easier, and Second I put sandpaper on my barrel trimmer and sanded the ends briefly after turning and finishing, wow did that improve the fit and finish of the pen.

Thanks to all on the site, wouldn't have been able to make this without the information I've read and learned from here!

On to the next project!

Top Bottom