First commisioned pen.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from carlmorrell

carlmorrell

Friend wants a nice fountain pen. So this is what I put together for him. Truestone is pretty hard stuff. The gold matrix really pops. No finish, just sanded.

Attachments

• matrix fountain.jpg
    matrix fountain.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 386
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerald earby

Hello,any advice on what is a good affordable pen kit to start with?Thanks for any and all help,got a son in college,gas is too high,and utilities too,got to watch my dollars close.

carlmorrell

I think if you ask 10 people this question, you will get 11 answers.

I like the single tube 27/64" x 2.2" kits. Woodcrafts Wall St II, has a great selection, but pricey compared to Penn State Gatsbys, or Craft USA Sierras. Many band styles and metal colors to pick from.

If you want really inexpensive, most start with slimlines. Folks with smaller hands like them. Not my preference though. YMMV!

Rob73

I used funline & slimline for kits and used 1/2" corian as blanks. That kept me in el cheapo mode.

Hello,any advice on what is a good affordable pen kit to start with?Thanks for any and all help,got a son in college,gas is too high,and utilities too,got to watch my dollars close.

eranox

My favorite kit for the money is the Classic Vintage line carried at Smitty's Pen Works. It's a very easy kit to turn, and it makes a pen with high-end looks and features for only a couple bucks more than a slimline kit. Smitty offers rollerball and fountain versions, but my favorite is his convertible kit, which includes hardware and refills for both types. They're a steal at the normal prices, but if you happen to catch them on sale, the pricing gets so good that you'll feel guilty. They take a 10mm tube, so you'll want blanks that are 3/4" square or better.

Jjartwood

Very well done,that pen screams class. Tru stone is always a winner but it makes for a heavy pen so I always use it on the higher end pens. You have a nice touch as well as a sense of "pen" style Your friend should be very very happy with that beauty.
Mark

Top Bottom