First coffee

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Fibonacci

Fibonacci

I had a chunk of coffee blank that I decided to try. I had read that it was horrible to work with and really explode-erific, but I wanted to try out a freshly honed skew chisel.

Overall, I am really happy with the way it came out. A honed skew is amazingly better than just a ground one. I will probably change the kit because I plan to try selling it and I am not willing to sell these ones. I got a set of inexpensive sierra clones to try, and the look good, but the nib is just enough smaller than the ID of the tube to shift a bit while you twist and to feel like it is flexing when you write. I have no problem giving them away, or selling them to someone that can try it and decide if they care, but I don't want to sell it over the internet.

The other one is a slimline that I made for someone in the wife's family. I didn't catch the exact relationship. I just knew that she wanted a purple pen that was shorter and thinner than a "regular" pen (whatever that is), but still had curved grips for comfort. This is as short as you can make a slimline, and it requires drilling out a bit of the end plug (1/16" or so) to allow it to fully retract.

Attachments

• coffee1.JPG
    coffee1.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 164
  • coffee2.JPG
    coffee2.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 184
  • amethyst1.JPG
    amethyst1.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 134
  • amethyst2.JPG
    amethyst2.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 120
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fibonacci

I did put a ca finish on it to solidify the beans.

As far as smelling good, I have gotten in the habit of wearing my respirator any time I am turning. I don't like coffee though, so I doubt it smelled "good". ;)

Fibonacci

Well, coffee pens are evidently hot. I had it sitting on my desk at work and a guy came up and offered me cash for it.

Woots.

Now I can buy more blanks.

Top Bottom