First Cob

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from nightowl

nightowl

It isn't perfect, but it's the best so far. The next one I will try a CA finish on and try to drill it better. That drill bit just wont bend with the contour of the cob. I just don't understand. :)

Thanks Tim ( IwoaCob). I think I am going to like the cobs.

Attachments

• First Cob.jpg
    First Cob.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

I'm assuming that the blank was either stabilized or you stabilized it with CA as you turned it , either way all you may need is a buffing wheel on your drill press and some white diamond polishing compound to buff it to a nice shine .

ldb2000

Go to Home Depot and get one of the Ryobi 1/2" arbors ($10) and a couple of 6" buffing wheels (less then $10 each) and they have the Roybi buffing compounds ( "H" white rouge and "D" Tripoli , less then $10 for both) . Buff with the Tripoli first then switch wheels and buff with the white diamond and you will get a shine you won't believe .
Just hold on tight to your blanks , keep them on the mandrel if you use one , or you will find out just how fast you can shoot your blank at the wall :eek: DAMHIKT

Nice pen, I'd like to try one myself.

I was checking buffing compounds out at home depot just the other night and walked away. They wanted about $5 for a little mini stick (2 oz, I believe) of tripoli and about the same for white rouge (which I assume is similar to white diamond). Went online to the Beall website and ordered the mega jumbo industrial sized bars for $4.50 each.

angelofdeath

I am going to have to agree wtih Tony in one of the above posts on a corncob on a slimline looking great. Takes a lot of work to make it look good so small and you did a dandy with that one. Thanks for sharing

Top Bottom