First Closed End... Thanks to Fangar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Woodnknots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodnknots

And some other of my IAP friends, it would seem. I got this pin chuck in the mail, and was told that I had to post some closed end pens in return. Well, here goes. It took me nearly a week to decide what wood to use for this, and I decided on a red oak burl that I cut from a tree that came down in hurrican Isabel. I had several blowouts that needed to be glued back together, including about a whole inch of the closed end that flew off. After much skewing and glueing.... Here it is. Thanks again to Fangar and whoever else I may owe my thanks to. Some of the nicest people are penturners, it would seem.

2005111219748_closedoak2.jpg

2005111219817_closedoak1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ron Mc

Dave,
Great job using your pin chuck! I am so glad that you posted this picture for everyone to enjoy. Hopefully I'll have a chance soon to try mine out.
Now go have some more fun!![:D]

Fangar

Dave,

That is one nice piece of wood. Really a great job on your first closed end too. Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Fangar

Woodnknots

Thanks for the compliments... It really is a nice piece of wood. I have another blank just like it, It's waiting till I can get some more baron kits.
I think I'm going to give this pen to my wife's chiropractor for Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom