first closed-end...modified cap

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from txbatons

Status
Not open for further replies.

txbatons

Mesquite closed-end Jr Gent black Ti that was finished with CA/BLO, but not to a super high gloss finish. I had a little trouble getting the correct length of the drilled hole, but was able to save the pen.

Thanks to George (Texatdurango) for the inspiration for the cap. That means I stole his idea!

Photos aren't the best, they were taken just for posting here, not for selling or anything else.

Comments/critiques are welcome!

tn_closedpecan.jpg

tn_closedpecanopen2.jpg

tn_closedpecancap.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

txbatons

Thanks for the comments. Arthur... You're right. It didn't look so curvy on the lathe! Plus, I meant to taper the end more. That's why this one's on my desk instead for sale. [:p]

I've got lots of orders and TO DO items to get done for Christmas, so I'm looking forward to playing with the closed-end some more. I have the end piece with the star in gold that will look good with the kits that have the gold accents.

keapople

Where did you get the Cap end?
Thats a great touch, and a feller Texan could sure use a couple...

Kirby

alxe24

I like the pen a lot and also agree it can look even better with a bit lees curves. Also I'm courious as to were did you get the end cap from.
Thanks

txbatons

The cap thing is a 1/2" concho from a company called Hide Crafter (www.hidecrafter.com). You can find the mini-conchos in the catalog. You might be able to find similar ones elsewhere. Conchos are decorative items used in leather crafts. They have a screw back and post. The cap on the Jr Gent punches out and then I file down the concho to fit inside the lip of the cap. I have to drill out the hole a tad and the post will fit right in. I glued the concho onto the cap.

I also bought a 1/2" concho that has a gold cross, but I lose a little of the cross after filing it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom