(First)Closed End Dogwood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from firewhatfire

firewhatfire

Here is my first closed end pen. Learned alot of new things while working on it. I had worm holes that I filled with amber powder from Coastal Scents and some CA. I learned to cut a longer piece than I think I will need. I learned a 60 degree taper to make it a bit easier. I destroyed the finial I was turning so I stuck a make shift one in till I can do better. This is a piece of the wood I got in a swap with Drstrangefart(Allan Beasley). Let me know what you think and thanks for looking.
closedenddogwood003.jpg

closedenddogwood002.jpg

closedenddogwood006.jpg

closedenddogwood016.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Nice job on the pen. I like eleminating the rings on the CB. I look forward to seeing what you finally do with the finial. Thinking of recessing or hiding that clip on the next one?:wink:
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Looks great! I even like your temp final.
The thread section, did you leave the other parts off on purpose or by mistake? I happen to like it better the way you have it and never really thought about leaving them off.

firewhatfire

If your gonna do acrylic then start with 2 blanks. 60 degree taper for my tail stock I just used the one that come with my lathe and cut my blank to short.

Old Lar

Great job. I really like closed end pens. The centerband is awesome, so simple, but something I would never think of. No creativity on my end.

Top Bottom