first closed end cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JHFerrell

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHFerrell

Mornin... made this one yesterday. Its a closed end cigar pen made with Mesquite with a simple friction polish. Haven't really seen many of these posted, so thought I would post it. Let me know what you think.

John

2006915152813_closedendcigar.jpg

2006915152841_closedendcigar2.jpg

2006915152911_closedendcigar3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrcook4570

I like the looks, but am not fond of that kit. Of the ones I have made, the threads have been terrible. It uses 10mm drill, so should be able to use pin chuck for the baron.

JHFerrell

evenin all... its really not all that difficult to do. I started with PSI's Big Ben Rollerball kit. The cap portion is turned as per the instructions..no real changes there. The lower barrell is turned using some spacers and the bushing for that end of the blank. The tail stock is used for support. After turning just about to the bushin, I switched over to the pin chuck for the Baron kit. 10 mm is a little bit larger than the Baron's 25/64 tube but the chuck held it securely enough. Really about the only thing I did on the pin chuck was the final shaping, sanding and finishing. i don't care for the threads on this kit so wanted a way to get around having to use them. Glad you guys like it....you should try it. Almost as much fun as a baron!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom