First Closed End Baron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jerryconn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerryconn

This is my first attempt at a closed end pen. Kit is a copper baron, wood is Cocobolo, and the finish is CA. Comments are welcome, Thanks in advance for looking.

20066153523_808a.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Beautiful piece of wood, and very nice job with the fit. I'm a big CA finish person, but for some reason, this looks "too" glossy. I don't know what it is about it, and I KNOW it's an odd nit to pick, but that's my personal opinion.

What do you think of the copper kit with Cocobolo? I'm trying to pick a good material to use with my copper kit, and we can't really see the copper color that well in the pic, IMHO. Would it be possible for you to post an "open" pic?

Jerryconn

JimGo
I think part of the glossiness (sp) is due to my setup for taking pics. The light is not diffused at all. I did take an open pic but not really much better. I real life the wood goes pretty well with the copper (or the coppper with the wood [;)]). I'll try to take a better pic and post it tonight.

JimGo

Thanks Jerry! I agree, the copper does look nice with Cocobolo! You can see the shape of the lower barrel better in that second pic too...very cool!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Second picture is great! Nice looking pen.

We just made some PR that looks really good with the copper, will try to take a half-way decent pic this weekend and offer it to the group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom