First closed end

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from cueman

Status
Not open for further replies.

cueman

I finally tried a closed end pen using a homemade pin chuck. I think I am going to have to hide it from my wife, she's been eyeing it ever since it came off the lathe. :)
I have some catching up to do, there have been a lot of nice looking pens posted and I haven't had much time to browse lately.

7118205316_ocean%20blue%20closed%20end%202%20Large.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cueman

Very nice looking pen. How did you make your chuck?

Thanks. I turned mine on a metal lathe, and ground the flat with a file, the next one I make, I am going to take to my friend that has a milling machine and mill the flat. Here is a link that shows you how to make one. http://www.penmakersguild.com/articles/pinchuck.pdf

Mikey

Nice pen. I love that color. Shape seems to be the norm, which is about the best I have seen. pretty hard to improve upon such a nice shape anyway.[8D]

Stevej72

That is a nice pen, good choice in plating to go with it. I did my first closed end the other day but it didn't turn out that nice. Haven't had a chance to get a picture of it yet.

toolcrazy

Beautiful pen.

All I need to do to keep my wife away from my pens is make big ones, like cigars, barons and the like. She likes the slimlines.

Radman

Add your pen to the very nice pens you speak of in this forum. It's pretty great! Is the clip bent a bit to the left or is it photo? Photo looks great too!

bradh

I like the flaired end. The rounded end that I usually do is not as nice.
Got to see if I can find some time tonight and try a shape like that.
Thanks,
Brad

cueman

All I need to do to keep my wife away from my pens is make big ones, like cigars, barons and the like. She likes the slimlines.
My wife is just the opposite, she likes the thicker pens. [:)]

Add your pen to the very nice pens you speak of in this forum. It's pretty great! Is the clip bent a bit to the left or is it photo? Photo looks great too!

Thanks, Yes the clip was bent to the left a little. I noticed that after I posted the picture and bent it straight. I don't remember it being bent when I assembled it, so it may have been in my shirt pocket and got bent while leaning against something at work. It's a good thing they bend back easily.

Skye

Originally posted by Radman
<br />Add your pen to the very nice pens you speak of in this forum. It's pretty great! Is the clip bent a bit to the left or is it photo? Photo looks great too!

Doh, I thought it was a trick of the pic.

thebreeze

Awesome looking pen! Thanks for the pin chuck link. This is my first post on the forum so you don't know me yet but I have to tell you that I'm impressed with your inlay work. [8D]

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom