First Circuit board pen...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from USAFVET98

USAFVET98

This is my first attemp at one of these. The kit that comes with these is not a regular sierra kit. It is actually bigger. Are there special bushings for these? I used my sierra bushings and had to use a sierra kit because it was turned too low. I kind of like it better, but now I have this extra kit, with no bushings for it..

Anyway, here it is. I finished it with: wet sand to 400, mm to 12000, 4 coats perfect plastic polish, 5 coats ren wax to keep finger prints off. The kit is gun metal.

Attachments

• circuit board 002.jpg
    circuit board 002.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 139
  • circuit board 003.jpg
    circuit board 003.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 109
  • circuit board 004.jpg
    circuit board 004.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 143
  • circuit board 005.jpg
    circuit board 005.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 97
  • circuit board 007.jpg
    circuit board 007.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 133
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Welcome to cb pen craze. Very nicely done. I think it is a little too much work on the finishing but that is just my opinion. What happens when you put multiple coats of any kind of polish on anything it actually disolves the coat underneath. Just an opinion. Thanks for showing.

USAFVET98

I figured I went a bit overboard, but it was my first one, and wasnt sure how it would hold up. Thanks for the tip. I never thought of it like that as disolving the coat underneath. This is good to know as it will save time too.

Welcome to cb pen craze. Very nicely done. I think it is a little too much work on the finishing but that is just my opinion. What happens when you put multiple coats of any kind of polish on anything it actually disolves the coat underneath. Just an opinion. Thanks for showing.

bruce119

Yep nice job :star:and you lucky you didn't pluck the circuit's:wink::biggrin:

As mentioned it is the Vista. You did a nice job photographing.

You can get close to the components and If your real careful and just creep up on them with a sharp skew scraping you will not tear them out you mite hit one and the one (Actually 2) to look out for are the long round orange & black components they are the highest ones.

If you hit one you should be able to just sand and polish as usual. If there is a cavity just add a little CA and finish as usual.

There is more information on tips & tricks and modifications on my web site in my signature.

Bruce

fiferb

Brian,
I did the exact same thing, threw it on the lathe with my sierra bushings. I knew something wasn't right when I hit 3 different components. I wound up using a CA finish to cover and protect them.

Great Job!

Bruce

Top Bottom