The first ciger from my base/shop/ment!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drstrangefart

Drstrangefart

197231_151955668197840_100001502242963_307071_8267909_n.jpg

We don't know what type of burl this is, Dad got it at Woodcraft unmarked. I absolutely love how this one turned out, as I was afraid the larger body would highlight my weaknesses in the finish, but it was nowhere near as bad as expected. This is definitely one of my favorites to date.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Love the timber used. Did a good job on the finish. Just need to work on your transition in the cap area especially the very top. Thanks for showing.

Drstrangefart

Love the timber used. Did a good job on the finish. Just need to work on your transition in the cap area especially the very top. Thanks for showing.

I think that may have been the lighting and the reflection of the clip causing the appearance of the rough transition. It looks right in person until you hit one magic angle that gives the same effect. I need to be more careful when I set up pics. I also need to work on minimizing the small pits that show up in the finish. Try to get a nice coat with a flawless surface. I do appreciate the feedback. Wouldn't have looked any closer at the cap area without it.:)

IPD_Mrs

I agree with you on the pits - that is what jumped out at me. I did also notice the transition that JT pointed out, try retaking the photo at a different angle and on a Flat surface. You may also be getting some shadowing from the curvature of the cloth right under that cap area that is making it look cut in. (just my thought.)

I do like the wood used it is very pretty and looks good with the kit choice. Clearly the finish has a good shine too it, so the little pits are likely your only issue there.

On another note - its nice to have someone asking for actual help learning and not wanting to just hear that its a NJGP :wink:.
For me that was the only thing that ever helped me advance so I appreciate your pointing out the things that you think you can do better!
Nice Work :)

Drstrangefart

I'm not perfect, neither is my workmanship, so there will always be room to improve. If I don't get around to re-shooting this one, I will be much more careful when I shoot the next cigar. Criticism delivered AND recived properly is an effective tool for improvement.

Top Bottom