First Cigar and a prototype

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from G1Pens

G1Pens

Managed to do a couple pens over the weekend. One is my first cigar. It's not perfect, but everyone who sees it really likes it. The other is a prototype I did for our motorcycle riders association. It has two firsts for me. The pen is white corian with a black corian band (a first) and the club logo as a decal (a first). Looks better in person than in the pictures. The pen for the Christmas party door prize will be a cigar in white pearl with black and gold finish and the decal.

Comments, criticisms and suggestions are welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_1629a-web.jpg
    IMG_1629a-web.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_1633-web.jpg
    IMG_1633-web.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 278
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jgrden

What made you decide to go with the Corian center band and why is it narrower in diameter than the barrel? It is a fantastic pen and anyone who works with decals has to know their stuff.

G1Pens

I did the corian center band just to see if I could do it. It was an experimental pen anyways, so if I messed it up, it was not a big deal. But, it came out great. The center band is not smaller in diameter. I know it looks it in the photograph. I guess its' the black on a black background that makes it look that way. It is seemless with the top of the pen and tapers down slightly to the bottom half.

hiharry626

what material is the cigar pen made out of? My little brother loves blue, so I want to make a pen out of that for him

ctubbs

There you have two really great looking pens. I'm glad you mentioned the CB on the white pen not being smaller than the barrel. The blue one is striking. That blank and kit go very well together.
Charles

G1Pens

what material is the cigar pen made out of? My little brother loves blue, so I want to make a pen out of that for him

It was an acrylic blank I got in a mixture of blanks I purchased from someone on ebay. Before turning it almost looked purple, but as I turned it, it turned out to be blue.

Reverse painted inside black.

Most suppliers have several blues at very reasonable prices. The vendors here on the forum are great. I am purchasing more from them now than from the likes of Penn State and Woodcraft.

Top Bottom