First Cigar with pickguard

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Heirloom Woodturnings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just assembled my first pen with pickguard material. I have a friend who builds and restores guitars as a hobby and has given me some free pickguards to use. He also has a mint green pickguard he's going to give me which should be interesting.......... I plan to give him this Pickguard R&D pen as a thank you.

20blue%20with%20pickguard%20pearl%20silver%20cigar.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Nice looking pen, pickguard compliments the material of the pen....but is that an acrylic and from where..looks nice...i just haven't seen that before and curious.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Very nice pen. Well crafted and the pick guard glue-up looks good and tight. Tip, most local shops don't carry basic pickguard material. Luthiers tend to order them through three or four of the bigger suppliers.

Thanks for the kind words all. I just received the mint green pickguard material today from my friend. I'll post some pics of that as soon as I make something with it. For anyone out there in need of pickguard material, the place my friend gets it from is a company called Stewart-Mcdonald. Here is a link.

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Pickguards/Pickguard_materials/Laminated_Pickguard_Materials.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom