First Cigar Pen!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hiharry626

hiharry626

This is my first cigar pen, blank and kit donated by aggromere many many thanks! My woodshop teacher helped me assemble the cigar kit, very confusing hehe
anyways here it is! Thanks again Aggromere!

I attempted a CA finish, at first i put on what i regularly do the high friction polish and the other brown thing forgot the name.. EEE or something
then i put on coats of thick ca, micromeshed.. more glue.. then ended with more high friction polish :p LOL the finish to me is not bad, i wish i could sand out all the scratches properly though

there is also a gap on the front nib part :/ it's minor and not really noticeable when in use, but if you look closer its noticeable ._______.

Attachments

• DSCN7246.jpg
    DSCN7246.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 155
  • DSCN7251.jpg
    DSCN7251.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 128
  • DSCN7252.jpg
    DSCN7252.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 120
  • DSCN7254.jpg
    DSCN7254.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 115
  • DSCN7255.jpg
    DSCN7255.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 127
  • DSCN7258.jpg
    DSCN7258.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 98
  • DSCN7260.jpg
    DSCN7260.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 103
  • DSCN7262.jpg
    DSCN7262.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 97
  • DSCN7264.jpg
    DSCN7264.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 89
  • DSCN7268.jpg
    DSCN7268.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mark

Congrats on your first Cigar.

It might just be the picture. The last pic, looks like you could turn/screw the black band up a little more. Then tighten the nib. Like I said it could just be the pic. Nice work...

hiharry626

thanks I know, i'm going to try to tighten up the nib
i just tightened it, what an easy fix i thought i had to get a hammer LOL

Last edited:

hiharry626

how many slims have you made? It really isn't that much harder besides assembly :p

Probably close to 60 now. Cost is more the issue than difficulty. I still have enough slims to turn for a while. The budget to turn without selling (Because they're not selling right now) is nonexistant.

Ah... I see what you mean, Smittys selling cigar kits 10 for 30 which is the same price as a slim, thought you might be interested
threads here if you want to check it out
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73583&highlight=cigar

Drstrangefart

how many slims have you made? It really isn't that much harder besides assembly :p

Probably close to 60 now. Cost is more the issue than difficulty. I still have enough slims to turn for a while. The budget to turn without selling (Because they're not selling right now) is nonexistant.

Ah... I see what you mean, Smittys selling cigar kits 10 for 30 which is the same price as a slim, thought you might be interested

I AM interested, but also quite broke right now. I've been trying to get some sales finished off so I can put more money into it. So far little luck. Had about $400 in sales fall apart the week before Christmas. Next best thing to do is wait until tax returns come in. Last time I got anything someone else grabbed me 40 slims for 40 bucks. Still working through those. I still keep turning for the recreation. If they sell, great. If not, they just didn't sell. We have a local artist's fair in October and a couple of spots we're gonna try to consign at at some point soon.

hiharry626

I AM interested, but also quite broke right now. I've been trying to get some sales finished off so I can put more money into it. So far little luck. Had about $400 in sales fall apart the week before Christmas. Next best thing to do is wait until tax returns come in. Last time I got anything someone else grabbed me 40 slims for 40 bucks. Still working through those. I still keep turning for the recreation. If they sell, great. If not, they just didn't sell. We have a local artist's fair in October and a couple of spots we're gonna try to consign at at some point soon.

how did you get 40 slims for 40 bucks? That's a crazy good deal

Top Bottom