First Cigar pen + 2nd time using Fangars finish

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Chuck B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck B

Well, this my first time making the Cigar pen.:D I used Purple heart & the kit I got at Woodcrafters. I am still about a 1/32" proud of the center band I tried not to sand the bushings so I didn't sand them enough.:( Also this is he 2nd time I tried to do the "Fangar Finish"

Thanks everybody for the advice on the bushings & Photography :Dcritiques welcome

100_0549.jpg

100_0554.jpg

100_0550.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kenwc

I think the finish looks great so you got some good practice on that. I'm sure you'll watch the fit next time.

Chuck B

Ken,
My fingers need to get more sensitive[:D] It's for a gift for a friend on a forum who's wife has arthritis. I asked here which pen I should I do for her & i was told a Cigar.
I just ordered some Enduro I want to try that also & see which one I like better.

Chuck B

Originally posted by guts
<br />Chuck,nice looking pens,how did you come by the name recon,not to many people get to use that name?

Guts,
I spent 11 years in the Army in a Recon Platoon (LRRP) Long range recon platoon. Most fun I ever had with my clothes on[:D]
I especially loved when we were flying in slicks & Hawks with the doors open sitting in the doorway while they flew N.O.E. (nap of the earth) basically 1 ft above the trees & Haulng A$$ all the way.[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom