First cigar, first acrylic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Trapshooter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trapshooter

First attempt at a cigar pen and first attempt using acrylic. I like the shine but I like the smell of wood better. Sun light sure makes it easy to see places I need to work on, I need to hug the bushings closer and be more patient during the sanding stages.
thanks for looking

200582522750_1st%20cigar%20acrylic.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary Max

The first one is always the hardest---heck at least you got a pen instead of feeding the trash can. It really aint all that bad anyhow.

JimGo

I agree with Gary, the first one is always the hardest, and be glad you got SOMETHING! My first three or four tries with polyester resin (not the same as Acrylic, but in my mind, in the same family) ended in bare brass. Congratulations!

alamocdc

Nice first, Scott! You're right about the sanding. If you don't have Micromesh, try to get some, or at least some very fine grit wet/dry sandpapers and make sure you wet sand with each grit. It makes a HUGE difference. [:D] DAMHIKT

Ron Mc

Scott, Nice job. I almost agree with the statement, "The first one is always the hardest" In my case the first three are always the hardest! I've tried three times and have yet to make acrylic work for me.
Good for you. Keep up the great work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom