First Cigar!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from WoodNutOntario

Hi All!

Took some time off from Home Reno's to do a bit of turning!
Installing a hardwood floor in the living room. Spent the day ripping up carpet and removing staples...
frown.gif

Decided to try a new CA finish, so i used the tutorial for Medium Only CA Finish by Les Elm. Was a lot easier and i think the results are very good!!
biggrin.gif

Thanks Les!
biggrin.gif

My step daughter was in the shop with me today and wanted to choose the wood for the pen! She liked the Birds Eye Maple and the Honduran Rosewood!
"I want stripes!" I convinced her two stripes were enough...
She cut the Rosewood on the bandsaw using the guide, but still managed to get two different sizes!!!
The rest of the dirty work was up to me!! "Don't change anything" i was warned!!!
biggrin.gif

So here it is with two different sized stripes, a really good fit and finish and a really nice kit. I really enjoyed making this style of pen. It has quite a heft to it!

One thing i did find strange was that i usually have to turn the top part left to advance the pen refill. On this one i have to turn it to the right.
Am i losing my mind?? Or did i just do something wrong??

Comments welcomed!!!

Andrew

Attachments

• IMG_4971a.jpg
    IMG_4971a.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_4972a.jpg
    IMG_4972a.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_4973a.jpg
    IMG_4973a.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_4976a.jpg
    IMG_4976a.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 111

randyrls

Andrew; very nice for your daughter.

Most cigar pens have "double-twist" transmissions. Twist either right or left to extend the point. Sometimes this causes problems with the transmission unscrewing itself from the lower tube. My solution is lock the threads and transmission together with locktite or CA, and instruct the customer to unscrew the nib section to change the ink infill.

Top Bottom