First Churchill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from its_virgil

its_virgil

Thanks for the comments. I do appreciate them. I'll try to answer the questions asked.

How do I like the kit? What are my thoughts? I like it. I hear complaints about the amount of plastic. I'm also a fan of its older brother, the El Grande, so the plastic doesn't bother me. Heck, some commercial pens that sell for hundreds of dollars are all plastic.:) I especially like the grip on the front section of both the Churchill and the El Grande..

Anthony: Why did it take me so long? Because, being retired I don't do anything and I don't start than until after lunch.[8D] Actually, I purchased some kits soon after they came out and just didn't make one until recently. Don't know why.

The finish is CA and boiled linseed oil. I now buff with a product called Flitz after white diamond and HUT UltraGloss Plastic Polish and befor TSW. I really like what I'm seeing with the Flitz.

Again, thanks for the wonderful comments. All of them are appreciated.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

I don't know what happened to it. I don't even see my original post. I guess someone in authority is mad at me.:D Here is the pen. Curly red KOA given to me by Dario two years ago.
200831222221_red%20KOA%20Churchill%20Small.jpg

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Originally posted by leehljp

Did you delete the photo or is it somewhere else?

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Good afternoon, Virgil.

Your picture, should we choose to comment, shall be seen as gorgeous. Very nice work.

This picture, along with all record of this discussion, shall self-destruct very soon.

Good luck, Don-team!!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
On a somewhat more serious note, Nice looking pen, Don.

What really made my day was your comment that you got the wood from Dario, two years ago.

First, nice you remember where it came from. Second, I'm glad there is someone, besides me, who puts off projects for YEARS!!!!!:D[8][8][8]:D:D:D:D

its_virgil

Thanks Ed. Actually, Dario was in the Dallas area and he had lunch with Lyle Walden, Ron McIntire and me. It may have been even longer than two years ago. We all gave each other wood and blanks. This blank has been on my desk since them awaiting its destiny. Dario called it red KOA. I'm not sure if red KOA is different from the normal KOA we get from the Islands. I think Dario mentioned that the wood is not very common. Thanks for the comments and the levity. I like the humor. Maybe the original post did self destruct.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by ed4copies

On a somewhat more serious note, Nice looking pen, Don.

What really made my day was your comment that you got the wood from Dario, two years ago.

First, nice you remember where it came from. Second, I'm glad there is someone, besides me, who puts off projects for YEARS!!!!!:D[8][8][8]:D:D:D:D

Top Bottom