First Churchill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from LouisQC

LouisQC

Someone on an another forum (a French speaking one), complained about acrylester. I had two piece, so I figured I'd try. The first blew up just as the drill bit was exiting the blank. I guess I went too fast...

For the second piece, I lef the blank longer and drill just a tad more. The extra length of blank was to allow me to cut the blank to a more accurate length clearing the drilled hole. No problems there.

Upon turning, no issues at all. A charm, (okay it's stinks a tad). Compared to acrylic, it is more fibrous (can I say that?).

Here's the result after micromesh and Hut Plastic Polish
3282398171_60c245a73e.jpg

3283218464_e74b509f9c.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Stick Rounder

I agree. Where did you get the blank? Very nice pen. For your future plastic drillings you might want to try turning with water. I generally save up my acrylic blanks and drill several at once because of the mess. (1) I keep the drill bit cool by pouring water directly on the bit as I am cutting. (2) I frequently back out of the hole to allow the shavings to spin off and (3) fill the hole with water before I re-insert the bit. Makes a hell of a mess, but I no longer blow out plastic blanks.

Top Bottom