First Casting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rcflyer23

rcflyer23

This is a WoodCraft Heartland Double twist. I actually kinda like the kit.

This is my first casting. No pressure pot just used some PR from Michaels and some Powder coating powder from HF for color.

It turned out pretty good for a first shot. there were a few air bubbles. Sorry about the pic. I will see if I can get a better shot.

Attachments

• 1st Casting.jpg
    1st Casting.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 314
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PaulDoug

Looks good to me. That kit like a lot like the cigar kit. Is it the same size as a cigar? Did you try vibrating your cast to remove air bubbles?

rcflyer23

Looks good to me. That kit like a lot like the cigar kit. Is it the same size as a cigar? Did you try vibrating your cast to remove air bubbles?

It is thinner than the Cigar and probably a little shorter I need to hold them up next to each other. I will see if I have an assembled cigar to compare it to.

I did vibrate the cast but obviously not enough. I think next time I am going to stick it on the bandsaw for a little bit and see how that works. I just stuck the drill next to it and pulled the trigger, but I only did it for about 15 - 20 seconds. I think I will let it run on the bandsaw for a little longer.

I am starting to like this kit alot. I just wish it was a rollerball. I think it has a parker refill so I guess I could swap it out.

td

Banned
Congrats on your first casting. But I must warn you.... the additction grows stronger with each pour!!!!

Very Nice Pen!

rcflyer23

Congrats on taking the plunge, and on delivering one of the worst photographs I ever saw! Fit looks great though.

Yeah I need to get a better pic I know I know. That's what happens when you have a 2 year old pulling at you when you are trying to freehand macro. :biggrin: I will see if I can get a better pic tonight. My camera doesn't let me adjust to much oh yeah and I didn't have any of my lights setup either so yeah it's a horrible pic. I really think it is time for a Tri-pod.

MobilMan

Looks good for a first. Don't you mean Woodcraft 'Hart' Double Twist? One of my first style to make. Little smaller than a Cigar, not near as bulky. Nice balance.

rcflyer23

Looks good for a first. Don't you mean Woodcraft 'Hart' Double Twist? One of my first style to make. Little smaller than a Cigar, not near as bulky. Nice balance.

Yeah it is the Hart Double twist. Sorry my Dad works for a company called Heartland and I guess it just creeped in there.

Thanks... :)

Top Bottom