First Casting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BKelley

BKelley

Wanted to try casting some postage stamps. The casting went well for the first time, no bubbles or air pockets. There was a slight hint of red from somewhere. The stamp commemorates the carving on Stone Mountain. It is the largest monument in the world sculpted on he largest piece of exposed granite in the world. For you northern boys the carving is of CSA President Jefferson Davis, General Robert E. Lee and General Stonewall Jackson. I was well pleased with the project. Comments both pro or con are welcome.

Ben

Attachments

• memorial pen II.jpg
    memorial pen II.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 336
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Great job, Ben. That really turned out nice.
The view of the Stone Mountain memorial is indeed breathtaking!

fitzman163

Middletown,PA via The Coal Region,Pittston, PA, US
Wanted to try casting some postage stamps. The casting went well for the first time, no bubbles or air pockets. There was a slight hint of red from somewhere. The stamp commemorates the carving on Stone Mountain. It is the largest monument in the world sculpted on he largest piece of exposed granite in the world. For you northern boys the carving is of CSA President Jefferson Davis, General Robert E. Lee and General Stonewall Jackson. I was well pleased with the project. Comments both pro or con are welcome.

Ben

Beautiful pen! Stone Mountain was one of the most beautiful sites I have had the pleasure to visit!

Top Bottom