First cast resin pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bmac

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmac

This is my first attempt at pouring my own. It came out pretty good. Kind of brittle.

Bobby

20056302922_cast%20resin.jpg.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Like the pen color and shape, goes well with the satin finish of the kit. At least for this color, I agree with Bev, lose the grip.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Bobby,

Smart thinkin'!! If it was brittle, make a short lower barrel and fill with rubber. Additionally, it actually LOOKS GOOD!

Nice job, especially for your first one!

bmac

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate them. Actually, the pen wasn't going to have the grip, but as stated, it was sort of brittle and I had a blowout on the end. I did not want to waste the rest of it so I settled on the grip.

Again, thanks for the comments.

Bobby
Louisiana

Fangar

Originally posted by bmac
<br />This is my first attempt at pouring my own. It came out pretty good. Kind of brittle.

Bobby

I think it came out great. The color is very nice. Looks like you can see the brass tube through the lower barrel. I usually color the tubes for acrylics and resins that I think might show through. That might help with that a bit. Also, it is hard to tell from the photo, but did it come out real glossy? Just wondering what your finish method was. Keep up the good work.

James

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom