First Cast/Diva Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Pioneerpens

Pioneerpens

Well this is my first attempt at casting. I wanted a nice creamy Pink and I think it turned out nice. There is a little red swirl in it that's not showing up very well in the pic. This is a gift for a friend who is battling breast cancer. I got the ribbon charm at Hobby Lobby since the Crystal that comes with the Diva kit was cracked when it arrived. I changed the jump rings to a double ring for securing it better.

Waiting for the next batch to cure...just what I needed a Hobby (addiction) within a Hobby(addiction) :)

Attachments

• diva pink1.jpg
    diva pink1.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 190
  • diva pink2.jpg
    diva pink2.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 226
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rjwolfe3

Pen looks great but I am not sure I like that kit. I do like the addition you put on. I wonder how it would look with Constant's pink ribbon laser kit? Welcome to the casting addiction.

Pioneerpens

i ordered the pink ribbon (amongst others)from Constant and it should be here soon!! I actually like the kit more than I thought I would. It's got a nice weight and feel to it and it is the girly pen some women want... soo

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
I made a few of the Diva pens for Christmas gifts and a couple of the little jewels came off..called pennstate and they replaced them.

Very nice idea of replacing the jewel with the ribbon..greatly enhances the Diva look..great looking pen..!

jttheclockman

I just ordered a few of these and got them yesterday. The first thing I noticed was the small tube they go on. Good thing I ordered the bushings to go with them. Did youi find any problems when assembling the kit other thanthe cracked charm??? They have had complaints about those charms coming off and you would think they would use a better clip but i see they did not.

I like your charm idea and will have to look for something like that. I wish you photo was clearer on my screen the blank looks orange. But nice work These are just another weapon in the arsenal and as you say they may attract some women or young girls to buy a pen. Have not figured up a price yet but it won't be too much. Thanks for showing.

Pioneerpens

John,

Assembly was easy, no issues. I had read all the reviews about the charm myself and was hoping it would have been improved by the time I got them(since they were backordered for awhile), and anticipating they wouldn't be, I started looking around for other things to use. I got different charms for the other color divas as well, since even if the charm is intact, I don't think it will last long for anyone that buy/uses it.I got them for $2.00 or less at Hobby Lobby and they have a large selection to choose from.
I'm also working on my picture taking skills(or lack thereof). Sad but these were the best of the lot lol.
Thanks for the input.
J

Top Bottom