First Cast

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ghostrider

ghostrider

I did the three blanks that the mold permits for my first cast, and posted the blanks in this thread:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/f43/first-casting-attempt-95293/

This is the first pen I completed from that set (It's the second and third pic in that thread). I tried making a couple single tube pens out of the light blank, but that didn't work out for me.

It was quite the trial doing these three. I actually spilled and made a mess on the first try, so decided to take what survived and add to it the next night. With all the trouble I had I'm not too disappointed with the bubbles present, and still like the finished product (my niece liked it too).

Sorry about the bad pics. Thanks for looking, and any comments/critiques welcome.

Attachments

• DSCN1298.jpg
    DSCN1298.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 175
  • DSCN1299.jpg
    DSCN1299.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 140
  • DSCN1300.jpg
    DSCN1300.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 152
  • DSCN1301.jpg
    DSCN1301.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 118
  • DSCN1306.jpg
    DSCN1306.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 112

Wingdoctor

If I find a bubble in a blank when turning it I fill the bubble with CA glue and sand and Micro Mesh the blank as usual. They disappear like magic.

ghostrider

Thanks Rob.

If I find a bubble in a blank when turning it I fill the bubble with CA glue and sand and Micro Mesh the blank as usual. They disappear like magic.
Yeah, I tried that, but then ran out of time (still haven't gotten it down consistent yet), so had to go with it. Sometimes it will work for me, and sometimes it doesn't. I think if I'd have taken a little more time to do it right, I could have managed it. In this case I just didn't have that time.

Thanks for the advice though. Always learning. :biggrin:

Top Bottom