First casing AND first antler in one pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alamocdc

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

I figure if you're gonna do it, just do it. So I did and this is the result. It will be a gift for the guy that gave me the brass. He said he'd give me all I need. :D Used a Fancy gold SL. I wanted to use an 8mm Designer, but the nib assembly would be proud of the brass cartridge. I haven't checked any of my other kits yet.

2005112184635_SLgold_antler_casing.jpg

Thanks for looking and feel free to let her rip!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ron Mc

Billy,
I like the way this combination looks! I need to find some antler and give it a shot within a couple months.
Great job.

Fangar

Billy,

Looks nice. If you would like to use an 8mm kit, you can use a punch to open the neck a bit. On some casings it makes them look a little different at the neck. On the 300's you can't notice it.

Cheers,

Fangar

alamocdc

Thanks, all. James, I have an idea to do something very similar, but it will actually stretch the neck when I press the tube in. We'll see if it works.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Make a second one,figure your time, costs and how much artisiic/uniqueness value you can charge for it.
Start high you can always come down.
Mine go for gifts to service men $0.00 in my pocket.(I can't put a value on how much I appreciate them serving their country) up to $120.00 for the gold plated ones.
I sold one the other day with a <b>LOT</b> stag horn to a friend for $50.00 but he was prepared to give me $75.00.
I'd rather have him getting orders and pocketing $25.00 a pen.
I'll make them all day long for $50.00.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
One more thing, spent casings when purchased are any where between $.05 and $.25 each.
The guy is getting a heck of a deal.
How many of these suckers you gonna sell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom