First Carbon Watch

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from plano_harry

plano_harry

This is my first attempt at carbon fiber and also watch parts after inspiration from CaptG and others. David's theidelmind tutorial on carbon fiber got me started, topped it with gears and my buddy Roger qballizhere put a flawless cast on it. I wasn't sure how it would go the first time, so I picked some low risk Cambridge tubes. Wish I had gone Emperor now! Just need to get a big Bock nib from Roy to complete the package.

The scary part was hoping to stop right before Mickey's big hand waved bye-bye and not having any idea how deep that was since I already had a layer of fiber underneath.

Did I use too many gears? Looks like a tornado hit a junkyard? :biggrin: C&C is welcome since I want to improve.

Harry

Attachments

• Mickey Open 68.jpg
    Mickey Open 68.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 434
  • Mickey Back 68.jpg
    Mickey Back 68.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 439
  • Mickey Clip 68.jpg
    Mickey Clip 68.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 292
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

76winger

The carbon fiber gives it a unique background. I like it! The circular spot under it looks cool as well, is that the Photo Soft Box App?

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

corian king

Very nice! Great job. The number of gears is really up to you.I put even more than that on some of mine and I don't have any problem selling them.

qballizhere

You did a great job making them and as a first time for you with carbon fiber and the steampunk. You also did a good job on the plain carbon fiber you should of added those pics.

Jjartwood

That pen is cool,I think the cambridge platform suits it perfectly! Man if that's your first one then I would think the rest will be monsters!!
Beautiful don't change a thing, you're too critical of yourself,that pen is the cats a$$
Mark

Top Bottom