First ca finish

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rdunn12

rdunn12

This is my first attempt at a ca finish.Not at all what I had hoped for,but turned out ok.The pen is a Euro with redwood burl.Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.I know the pic is'nt the greatest.

200812714840_redwoodburl.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Good looking work . My 1st try with CA was today , on a corn cob . I don't want to talk about it . Hope my 2nd try with CA on WOOD looks as nice as yours .

rlharding

There are lots of other finishes that are equally as nice, if not nicer, than the CA or CA/Blo finish. Don't bust your A** thinking that is the be all and end all. Regardless of how your finish looks in the pen above it's about how YOU feel about your finish. If you think it can be better then by all means strive and strive for it to be better. I think some people who are turning pens for the 1st time - regardless of other turning experience, look at the pens produced on this forum and forget that the make has been turning pens for a while. They had to work at it to....

Am I rambling on about nothing??? I feel as if I am rambling on about nothing....... Ruth!!! how many glasses of that vino have you had????

rdunn12

Oh yeah I feel like it can be a lot better.And yes there are other finishes that are just as nice.I just wanted to try it after reading all of the posts about it on here.You might have been rambling but that is ok,we all ramble from time to time,at least my wife says I do.Ronald.

Top Bottom