First Bullet Pen-Third Rework

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gerryr

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryr

With a lot of help from knottyharry, I made my first bullet pen several days ago. The upper barrel was antler, but it didn't really fit against the lower barrel right and I really hate those slimline finials. So, I decided to rebuild the upper barrel and replaced the finial with a Euro one. It looked a lot better. I took it to work today and sold it to a coworker who went nuts over it and probably wants to buy a fountain pen also. I told him I would bring it back Monday because I was expecting the rifle clip to be in the mail today. It was as well as the Euro cap studs and cap stud mandrel so I got carried away and made a finial out of antler. Feel free to take some potshots at it.

200510294355_ReworkedBullet.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fangar

I think it looks great. I've done the same thing witht he cut casing on my .308's. It appears to be a bit small at the finial for the clip, but not a major issue for me. Nice work!

Fangar

GregD

Nice Job! I'm also waiting for the Euro cap studs and mandrel. Is your finial cut to the size of the mandrel or did you just get carried away?

gerryr

Thanks for the kind commments. The finial is a bit small. Using the stud caps with antler is harder than it would be with wood, I think. The stud doesn't seem to want to cut threads in the antler, so I ended up using CA to hold it in. It was also very difficult to get the stud in square with the antler. I may take another shot at it today and use a bigger drill for the stud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom