First Bullet Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from crabcreekind

crabcreekind

This is my first bullet Pen. made from a 30-06 casing my friend gave to me. I glued a long designer tube in the shell. The tube was not in the center of the shell, as you may be able to see, so its not flush on one side, but its a learning process. I used a copper fancy slimline kit for the pen. I polished the shell with scotch-brite then wet mm to 12000. the cocobolo top was turned down to a slimline bushing and i just used the big designer bushing for the side that would sit up against the shell. Then sanded to 600 then 3 coats of medium ca. and 12000 wet mm on the ca, then hut plastic polish. I hope to do more and hopefully get them flush.

Attachments

• 100_5374.jpg
    100_5374.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 119
  • 100_5375.jpg
    100_5375.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 105
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drstrangefart

Outside of the off-center nib, that's good work. You can order the shells already made on E-bay. I used a wrench (14mm I think) on the bullet end to guage when I was ready to sand down to size and a slimline bushing on the other end.

keithlong

If you plan on doing some more, then order you some 8mm pencil tubes from PSI. Then cut a piece of it about a half inch long and press it in the casing neck, then the 7mm slimline tube will fit inside the 8mm, and will be centered in the casing. Very easy to do. Be sure to sand the outside of the 8mm piece and the mm tube, and the inside of the casing. OH nice job on the first one.

crabcreekind

If you plan on doing some more, then order you some 8mm pencil tubes from PSI. Then cut a piece of it about a half inch long and press it in the casing neck, then the 7mm slimline tube will fit inside the 8mm, and will be centered in the casing. Very easy to do. Be sure to sand the outside of the 8mm piece and the mm tube, and the inside of the casing. OH nice job on the first one.

Ok thanks i knew there had to be a easier way.

Top Bottom