First bullet pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Texatdurango

Texatdurango

Well, I finally got around to making a pen from the pre-fabricated bullet kits I bought recently. I couldn't find any of the slimline clips I liked and think the rifle clips look a little cheesy so decided to modify the pen to accept a nicer clip and end cap.

Anyway, here it is..... my first bullet pen!

Comments, either pro or con welcome

Attachments

• bullet-1.jpg
    bullet-1.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 299
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

george

Nice, really nice work. You know whta they say, you never forget the first one. I plan to do my first during holidays, hope it come out as good as yours.

ken69912001

Anybody see the guy staring out at me from the top of the blank near the finial? Or should they come and take me away. lol
Oh yea that pen does look a lot better than I thought it did. Nice work.

Texatdurango

George, I like the size of the top, also like the wood, I think you're right about the rifle clips, they do look a little cheesy.
What made me lean this direction was that most of the bullet pens I have seen, the lower portion is of course larger in diameter than the average pen using a 7mm tube but in order for the slimline clip to even halfway function, the upper barrel is turned down smaller at the top and wider at the bottom to match the brass shell. Most of the pens I have seen, this causes the clip to stick out at an angle with the center of the clip touching the pen and the ball sticking out in the air making the clip really pretty useless.

Top Bottom