First Bucks Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RichB

RichB

This is my first Bucks Blank from AS. I posted earlier with a problem with large holes and ED helped me out. This is the blank on a Wall Street ll from Woodcraft. It came out great as you can see. I don't know about wall street.

Attachments

• Finished Pens 062.jpg2.jpg
    Finished Pens 062.jpg2.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 297
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Good looking pen, I think that pen represents every thing Wall Street stand for, "just shred the money they won't miss it". It looks like you did a good job turning the pen and filling holes, not an uncommon thing for a PR blank with something that can trap air pockets.

Ligget

Beautiful pen Richard, did you fill the holes with CA glue? I am working on a cast blank at the moment and there are a couple of holes need filling, just wondered what was best.

RichB

Ligget I did fill the holes with CA but I also used some of the shavings from drilling and sanding. I had some 1/8th big right to the tube. I painted the blank but I should have painted the tube also. I could see the tube on the some of the big holes even after filling. I call it a learning process . This was my first one with holes. I learned a lot for the next one. I painted the blank Black. I agree maybe a diff. color would have looked better. Rich

Last edited:

Ligget

Ligget I did fill the holes with CA but I also used some of the shavings from drilling and sanding. I had some 1/8th big right to the tube. I painted the blank but I should have painted the tube also. I could see the tube on the some of the big holes even after filling. I call it a learning process . This was my first one with holes. I learned a lot for the next one. I painted the blank Black. I agree maybe a diff. color would have looked better. Rich

Thanks Rich! :)

Top Bottom