First Bottle Stopper

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Poppers-n-Pens

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first bottle stopper comes from the leftover resin from the creation of a custom pen blank.

A co-worker of mine has a custom painted Harley that just looks pretty. After pouring two pen blanks, this is what I made from the extra colored resin mix. The pictures don't do it justice. It's pretty nice.

Used MM through 12000, a three step polishing system, and a top coat of wax.

Comments, questions, suggestions welcome.

200811252528_Bottlestopper1_Thumb.jpg

200811252257_Bottlestopper2_thumb.jpg

200811252338_Bottlestopper3_thumb.jpg

And a picture of the pen and the stopper together...

200811252429_custom_pen_and_stopper_thumb.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

airrat

Looks good to me. The pen looks lighter then the stopper. What color did you paint the tubes?

On a side note when a moderator sees this they might move it to Other things we make.

Originally posted by airrat
<br />Looks good to me. The pen looks lighter then the stopper. What color did you paint the tubes?

On a side note when a moderator sees this they might move it to Other things we make.

I forgot all about the Other things section...Mod, please move. Thanks.

I actually chose not to paint the tubes, so they are the standard brass tubes. I debated for an hour as to whether or not I should paint them. Had I painted them, I would have gone with a silver.

I chose not to paint the tubes because the motorcycle changes color depending on your vantage point. I knew that if I kept them brass, they would alter the color, and make it more green in thin areas, so my plan was to taper the ends and keep the middle area of each piece blue. It worked better on the pen than the cap.

I remembered his bike as more of a blue-green. He told me it does look kind of green sometimes, along with the blue, and also purple. I knew I had to incorporate the transition if I could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom