First BASIC segmented pen!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from brookswife803

brookswife803

Okay so some of you have already seen this on the PITH pics thread but what can I say I'm excited! Here it is. Some of the pics are with the pen open and some are closed to show that due to sheer luck it worked that when open the red and red match and yet when closed the colors alternate. Wish I had thought about that prior to making it so I could honestly say thats what I meant to do but alas it was not. :) Happy it happened though! :)

Attachments

• Sheas First Segmented Cigar PITH5 Resize.jpg
    Sheas First Segmented Cigar PITH5 Resize.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 261
  • Sheas first segmented cigar PITH 2 resize.jpg
    Sheas first segmented cigar PITH 2 resize.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 226
  • Sheas First Segmented Cigar PITH 3 Resize.jpg
    Sheas First Segmented Cigar PITH 3 Resize.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 174
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Beautiful pen!

I've heard several glue preferences for acrylic segmenting, do you mind if I ask what you used and how it was to work with?

brookswife803

Hans, this pen would be number 5 total for me. Jonathon has turned a few more than that now. You should see the celtic knot he did last week. BEAUTIFUL! He just hasn't made it into an actual pen yet.

Greg, I used your plain jane medium CA with accelerator to glue up my pieces. I cut each piece on the band saw, sanded them flat, glued them up and let them sit for a day in the windowsill with the sun hitting them. Then it was just business as usual drilling the hole, glueing the tubes in and turning away. :) May just have been beginners luck so try a few things and see what works for you. Have fun! I sure did! :)

Top Bottom