First Barons

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from woodmarc

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodmarc

These were turned before my shoulder surgery last week. [V]

The first is a UG Baron Rollerball dressed in Curly KOA.

200662633643_Picture%20006.jpg

The Second is Black TI Baron Fountain dressed in Mesquite.

200662633940_Picture%20005B.jpg

There is a story behind the Koa Rollerball. This was originally to be my first CE Baron. I miss calculated the lengh of the blank, and did not catch it until I went to assemble. Then I asked for directions. Next time I'll read the directions before I start! [B)]

Anyway, after carefully trimming the end until I got to an open hole on the band saw, I was able to salvage the blank. I just couldn't let this piece of koa go to waste. Way too figured.

Not too sure about the shape of the second pen. I think that the top is too heavy and bulbous. May have to dissasemble and reshape.

Awaiting your most welcome critique and comments.

MARC

BTW. The blanks are from Dario. Beautiful wood, Thanks again.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Beautiful work, Marc. You are right, Dario has some awesome wood to turn. I have to agree, though about the cap of the mesquite pen. Once you recover, shave it down a bit.

I hope your recovery goes well from the shoulder surgery.

Rifleman1776

Nice work and good save. Don't worry about the size of the top on second pen. It is a matter of taste. My personal antler Baron is made fairly thick and even though it is a little 'top heavy' when posted, I seldom use it posted. And, when handing to someone else, I always keep the top. That way, I'm guaranteed of getting my pen back.

woodmarc

Thanks for the kind words and suggestions.

I plan on making the fountain one of my demo pens, and since it will be used by many, I'm going to trim down the cap a bit. I think it is important to have a balanced Demo.

Now I just need to get an upgraded nib and some private reserve....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom