First Baron. Now it is my personal pen.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Chris Hare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Hare

This is my first Baron and has replaced my desginer as my pen. Let me know what you think.

2005421204750_boxelderrollersmall.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Chris Hare

Good guess Jim. it is box elder burl. I have a question for the experts. I purchased the stabilized blank from woodcraft and it had white crystals on it. what was it stabilized with? I have tried using pentacryl but it seems to darken the wood. Any suggestions?

thanks.

JimGo

Chris,
Thanks, I cheated; I saw your pen on the main page and thought "wow, that's sharp", and when I clicked on it, I noticed the title of your picture! I'm not sure about the white crystals; Johny may be right about the acrylic.

mick

Fantastic pen Chris!..It's fast becoming my favorite kit......as soon as I find the wood that jumps up and slaps me I'll be carrying one too.....gonna be hard to give up my BOW euro designer.....lol.
By the way the white crystals on the blank are an acrylic resin that the Woodcraft blank is stabilized with. I'm sitting here looking at the same blank I just bought today. They also say since they primarily seek and cut burls, (they being Native Woods, the brand that woodcraft carries), they call it <b>Staburlization</b>
I've used several of Native Woods blanks and man they do turn nice!

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
The Baron is definately on the top of my list as favorite pens to make... now Saturday will start to tell if it is a favorite pen to buy.. LOL...
I carry the first Baron FP I made as my personal pen... a TN Gold Curly Koa.. I really love it and so does anyone who sees it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom