First Baron Cypress Knee

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from laspringer

Status
Not open for further replies.

laspringer

This is my first try at a baron,and I like it. The weight,balance and over all feel is excellent. The finish is lacking, could not get it to shine,sanded to MM 12,000 before the CA and sanded to MM 12,000 after the CA. Looks more like a satin finish. Any comments on the workmanship will help me in the future.

2005719145230_Baron_Cypress.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

Nice pen..and I agree about the wood, it is very nice.

Hmmm, you think Park rangers won't mind if I start hacking the cypress tree knees by the Riverwalk? I can always tell them that I am just concerned about the pedestrians...those protruding out are trip hazard!!! LOL [}:)][:D][;)]

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Very nice pen! I've done a few pens from cypress knee. If you are looking for a high gloss finish, you'll need a lot of patience. Mine usually take several coats of sanding sealer and at least 5-6 coats of lacquer.
tn_CypressKneeAtlas.jpg

If any of you are interested in obtaining some cypress knee, contact me by email. I'll be cutting some blanks in the next week or so.

MDWine

I have used the auto compound/polish/anti-swirl (No.7) stuff to bring up the shine on a CA finish. Not a really glossy shine, but certainly better than not using it at all!

Once that is done, a bit of REN wax seems to help too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom