First Baron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from woodpens

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodpens

This is a picture of my first Baron rollerball. The wood is burgundy curly poplar that was in the box of blanks my wife bought me for Christmas. She bought quite a selection of "eye candy" from Bill Baumbeck. That was my favorite present. :D

20051916843_Baron01.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Vern

Isn't that curly poplar amazing? just turned my first the other day. Was very impressed w/ the depth and color of the grain. As always, great looking pen Jim!

Vern

WoodChucker

Jim, great looking pen. I got a couple of those curly poplar blanks from bill in brown, your is much nicer then mine, much more curl. Thanks for sharing.

R.T.

woodpens

Thanks everybody. I appreciate the comments. I believe I'll have to hold onto my wife for a few more years. [;)]
John, I am still trying to get them to make some Merlot flavored blanks. [:)]

PenWorks

Great looking pen Jim. Never cut the curly popular, allways look at them, but never bought any. That was a nice gift too.

But you other guys, you can buy a whole lota blanks for allot less than that wife thing [:D]

Anthony

woodpens

Originally posted by C_Ludwigsen
<br />That is gorgeous! Do these Barons take the same drill bits and bushings as the statesmen and gentlemen pens from CSUSA?
Thanks! Yes. They do use the same drill bits, but different bushings. There is no taper in either barrel on the Baron.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
See a fairly detailed review here, Chuck http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2800 .
Originally posted by C_Ludwigsen
<br />That is gorgeous! Do these Barons take the same drill bits and bushings as the statesmen and gentlemen pens from CSUSA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom