First attempt with Sculpey

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I had a go with some Sculpey today. ( Thanks CN :biggrin: ) I learnt a lot and will definately be doing some more. This one 'almost' worked, but I knew from the beginning that the white would fade too soon and expose the wood once turned down. But I had already had the wood shaped and wanted to practice. This stuff is cool and I can think of dozens of daft plans for it. I'm afraid that I have no idea what the wood is though.
I will have to work on the pattern to make sure it stays in the middle of the blank and I think I'll have to make the cuts a bit steeper too.:rolleyes:
Still haven't got to grips with the new camera yet either:redface:

Attachments

• Sculpey1.jpg
    Sculpey1.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 418
  • Sculpey3.jpg
    Sculpey3.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 414
  • Sculpey4.jpg
    Sculpey4.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 379
  • Sculpey6.jpg
    Sculpey6.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 449
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Phunky_2003

That is awesome. Your work is truely amazing. I just looked at your pen and looked at the last one I made........... back to the drawing board for me. When I grow up I wanna be like you.

James

bgibb42

Not bad, not bad...:rolleyes::biggrin:

Either you have too much time on your hands, or you're getting ideas from some alien pen-making manual:tongue:. Some of your pens are just not of this earth. Nice work!

I can see what your talking about with the wood fading in. The design will be awesome once you work out the minor details. Great start with clay.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Gee Skip! That looks really great! I was looking forward to seeing what you'd come up with using the Sculpey. Really cool!

Looking forward to more "outof-this world" creations now.

Rmartin

I think it looks great. Maybe a different color than white. Maybe red. Or a mix-y to really show off the Sculpty. How in the world did you cut the blank? Some sort of machine I would guess, that can't be hand done, can it? What if you started in from each end with the clay in the center and full wood on each end?

rjwolfe3

Man that is sweet. I really have to get my hands on a Skiprat original. I wonder if the wife would notice a large chunk missing from the bank account.

PR_Princess

Ohhh I see a new Pandora's box has opened!! :eek::biggrin::cool:

Very, very nice Steven!!

LOL I can't wait to see what you come up with once you start combining the clay with all of your other bits and bobs!! :tongue::biggrin:

OKLAHOMAN

Here we go down Skippy's slipperly slope of a geinues mind now with clay. Will we see a nuts, bolt and clay pen ........wait and see, if it could be done the Rat will do it......

Very nice Skip... I bought an oven about 2 years ago with the intention of doing something with clay... haven't done it yet.. I'm going to have to make a trip to Michael's or Joe's Artarama pretty soon.

I'm trying to reduce my pen turning and you guys keep coming up with such fabulous pens and keep me wanting to try more things... shame on you all.

Papa Bear

That looks great!Every pen is more amazing than the last!I also think you have too much time on your hand or something!!!! Great work!

maxman400

Skip That Is AMAZING, I would love to know how you cut the blank. I would like to try it with some Alumilite mixes. The Pen Looks Great.

Top Bottom