First attempt at IronClads

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SDB777

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tangoman

Wow !

Scott,
Those look great, very distinctive and different. Do you have any trouble from air trapped under the metal tapes ?

Regards,
Cam

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Looks cool!!!

I actually crumble the tape in my hand to create as many wrinkles as I can, then straighten it out and apply. And yes, a longer time with the buff-N-run, and taking less off will increase the "aging" effect. I like deep wrinkles, as it will hold the darker color of the BNR.

Lots of fun.

Then... Paint the aluminum Blue or red after crinkling (testors), and after drying, place the copper on.

Mark (just a random suggestion) James

MIKL

It's a good start Scott, free your mind and the skies the limits

try using model paint for the aging effect, paint it on and pretty much wipe it straight off

make sure you keep one of these firsts as well, its good to reflect and see where it all started, you will be amazed at the progress in design that you will make

MIK

OZturner

Great Pens, Scott.
Nice Blanks, and I agree that they could do with some more Patina.
Also I prefer the Silver to Gold components, I think they don't distract from the Blank.
As usual your Excellent Fit and Finish.
I look forward to your next ones,
Brian.

SDB777

Scott,
Those look great, very distinctive and different. Do you have any trouble from air trapped under the metal tapes ?

Regards,
Cam

Actually, we do a lot of 'on the tube casting', so I can pretty much just write off trapped air. Once you get the 'feel', it's sort of like auto-pilot pouring.

Great Pens, Scott.
Nice Blanks, and I agree that they could do with some more Patina.
Also I prefer the Silver to Gold components, I think they don't distract from the Blank.
As usual your Excellent Fit and Finish.
I look forward to your next ones,
Brian.

Working on a few 'cigar' type, just waiting for the paint to completely dry(after the wipe) before pouring the PR.

Used smaller 'plates' and more of them(forgot the amount of magnification the PR gives a piece)..... Figure with the wife getting involved, I'll have to deal with flowers and girlie things on them now. Eck....

Scott (ironclad flowers...really?) B

SDB777

Figure with the wife getting involved, I'll have to deal with flowers and girlie things on them now. Eck....
Scott (ironclad flowers...really?) B

Call them "Ironmaidens." <----no charge for that :biggrin:

That's a nice group.

Iron Maiden...think they are still touring the world from the 80's?
Or the Iron Maiden that the ancients use to stretch people on?

Thanks!

Scott (run to the hills....run for your life) B

Top Bottom