First Attempt at an Inlay

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jamie Fowler

Jamie Fowler

I started turning pens 5 months ago, and have been just soaking up anything and everything I can from the kind folks on here. This is my first attempt at posting photos of my work. So here is my first attempt at an inlay. It has been on my shelf for 3 months now and just decided to take it down and tackle it. All in all, I don't know why I psyched myself out about it, but I think it came out pretty darn good. I took my experience from decoy carving and burned in some additional details with the woodburner that I used for feathers on the decoys.

Attachments

• Bald Eagle Inlay Black Titanium Wall Street II.jpg
    Bald Eagle Inlay Black Titanium Wall Street II.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 261
  • Closeup of Bald Eagle Inlay.jpg
    Closeup of Bald Eagle Inlay.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 312
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

louie68

Very nice job on Eagle Kit from Constant
I have to 2 Eagle kits to tackle sooooooon !!!
How long did it take to do this inlay?

76winger

I started turning pens 5 months ago, and have been just soaking up anything and everything I can from the kind folks on here. This is my first attempt at posting photos of my work. So here is my first attempt at an inlay. It has been on my shelf for 3 months now and just decided to take it down and tackle it. All in all, I don't know why I psyched myself out about it, but I think it came out pretty darn good. I took my experience from decoy carving and burned in some additional details with the woodburner that I used for feathers on the decoys.

I've made a couple of those now, but I really like the extra details you added to yours. It really gives the image more depth!

SDB777

Guess it couldn't have been tapered anymore without loosing the details?

I like the idea of that inlay on that pen...just wish it'd 'fit' better.

Scott

Jamie Fowler

Thanks for all the kind compliments. It took me about two hours to finish because I wanted to go super slow and be careful. I was just waiting for one of the small pieces to to come flying off but I just kept it soaked in CA. Time to start another one. Hoping it goes as amooth as this one did.

Top Bottom