First Attempt at Flag Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from melogic

Status
Not open for further replies.

melogic

Well this is my first attempt at the flag pen from Ken Nelson. It is a Jr. Gent and I used a CA/BLO finish. It is sold to a co-worker who is buying it for his wife for Christmas. Let me know what you think.

2006111623197_Jr%20Gent%20Flag%20Pen%20resized.jpg

20061116231933_Flag%20pen%20in%20box%20resized.jpg

2006111623206_Flagpen%20Box%20resized.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Mark,
Here is what I think...if you got it right on the first try then I don't want to know. [;)] I'm not telling how may tries (3) the stripes took me. But, I love the flag kit, and you did a great job with it. The CA finish looks great... Don't ya just love that finish. Great looking pen.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Originally posted by melogic
<br />Well this is my first attempt at the flag pen from Ken Nelson. It is a Jr. Gent and I used a CA/BLO finish. It is sold to a co-worker who is buying it for his wife for Christmas. Let me know what you think.

melogic

This was actually my 1st attempt. I have another one to do for my personal collection. It will be a Statesman. I should have it done in the next few days. Thanks for all of the comments.
And Don, Yes I love the CA/BLO finish that Russ told us about. It is easy and gives a great finish.

pete00

first try...huh ...there's always a show off.

Well i guess its ok....all right its good......fine its great.....maby its super.

ALL RIGHT!! if you make me say it... FANTASTIC JOB!!!

not jelous pete [}:)][}:)]

Randy_

I love that kit from Ken. I'd make a lot more of them if they weren't so pricey. And, of course, you have done a nice job.

I'm sure it is just an illusion created by the photo; but the barrel looks way proud of the hardware on the end of the pen. I wonder why this happens or how the photo could be taken to avoid this problem. I've seen so many pictures where the wood appeared proud...and really wasn't...that I really worry about making the comment??

melogic

Thanks for all of the comments!
Randy, I did not notice it until I put the picture on my computer. I then went back and looked at the pen to make sure it was ok....and it is. I'm not sure why this illusion exists, but never the less it does. Don't ever feel bad about any comment towards me or my work. If I didn't want comments I would not ask for them. Everyone is appreciated. [;)][:D]

laserturner

Great job on the pen Mark. Also, thanks to all for the kind comments on the kit. That's a new blue curly maple that BB just got in about a month ago. Super nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom