FIRST ATTEMPT AT ACRYLICS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OSCAR15

Status
Not open for further replies.

OSCAR15

Being a die hard wood fan, I never even considered turning plastic!
Many thanks to member JAY PICKENS for his encouragement in helping an old and stubborn jackass realize that there ARE other mediums! I am now add acrylics to my penturning...Thanks again Jay !

200679211045_BLANK.jpg

20067921116_TURNING.jpg

200679211119_FINISHED%20PEN1.jpg

200679211132_FINISHED%20PEN%202.jpg
:D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OSCAR15

Hey Randy..The kit is from Penn State Industried, and they have several versions using different embossings, but all using the same tooling.
This one is a Celtic Knot design. Thanks for your kind words....
I think that being my first try at acrylics, I got a touch of begginers luck. Hoping my subsequent attemps look as good....
P.S. That typ kit only comes in gold finish...I am hoping they come out with titanium and rhodium as well //////Oscar

thewishman

The acrylics have a strong smell when turning, but they shine beautifully when they are finished. You picked a nice blank to start out with (with which to start, for you English majors) and the pen looks good. Congrats on broadening your horizons.

melogic

Way to go Dave! The pen looks awesome. You did a fine job for your first acrylic. Hope to see many more from you in the future. [;)]

jpick22

Well, Dave - I didn't get back to my computer last night, so this morning (after arriving at work) I look up and there is a brand new "plastic" pen and a new "convert"!

Great Pen - very proud of you! MAN! It was really hard, wasn't it? Had to just totally change your normal process of turning those wooden pens - right? Perhaps now, you might spread the word a bit to those hard-headed ("I will touch nothing but wood!" people) They're missing a whole new (and very customer-desired) market for pens.

Can't wait to see your next one. Way to go!

Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom